Playa del Carmen
Playa del Carmen is a modern and pleasant tourist enclave in the Mexican Caribbean. This city offers heavenly beaches, lively nightlife and wild nature. All without giving up the comforts of an urban destination.
If you are looking for places to live the night experience in the Yucatan Peninsula, Playa del Carmen is your ideal destination. Coco Bongo, Playacrawl or L'Ambassade are some of the most renowned bars. Music, show and fun with true Mexican essence.
The wealth of the ancient Mayan civilization can be seen in the various archaeological ruins surrounding Playa del Carmen. Cobá, Tulum or Chichén-Itzá will transport you to the pre-Columbian era and allow you to know the way of life of these communities.
Around Playa del Carmen there is a great diversity of flora and fauna. The Sian Ka'an reserve, with more than 650,000 hectares of protected space, is a great example.
Cultural life is another of the great attractions of this destination, for example if you plan your trip in November, you can enjoy the Riviera Maya Jazz Festival.
The tourist area of ??Playa del Carmen is to be enjoyed on foot, in the walk as well as visiting its beaches, you will find hotels, shops, galleries and renowned restaurants that added to the weather, the atmosphere with music and the joy of people who like You arrive to relax, make this cosmopolitan city an unforgettable place.
For that and much more, Playa del Carmen awaits you to make your trip an unforgettable experience. Pack your bags and let Alamo Mexico be your co-pilot in this adventure. Book on our website and take advantage of the discounts and promotions we have for you in car rental.
- Undoubtedly Xcaret is the most important eco-archaeological park in the country, here your adventures will become reality in the middle of the Mayan jungle and next to the Caribbean Sea. Not only can you enjoy the nature of the area with walks in underground rivers or swimming with dolphins, there are also several shows that recreate Mexican traditions such as Papantla flying or pre-Hispanic representations.
- The Fifth Avenue shopping area is full of fashion stores, souvenirs and handicrafts. Also, here are the most chic restaurants in the city. During the day you can take a walk and buy gifts, sunglasses or bikinis. During the night, get ready to dance to the music of bars, pubs and discos.
- Offering one of the most beautiful views from the Riviera Maya, along with its soft and clean sand, as well as turquoise blue water, Mamitas Beach is one of the best places to relax and do nothing but enjoy your stay.
- Akumal beach became famous when it became one of the favorite destinations for diving and snorkeling. In it you can access numerous caves and underground rivers. Nearby you can also visit cenotes or enter the jungle on a horseback ride.
- Located in the basement, the ground floor and the first floor of the Calle Corazón shopping center, is the Playa del Carmen Aquarium. This site exhibits around 4 thousand copies of 200 different species. You will appreciate corals, starfish, snails and jellyfish (a space with lights and mirrors that makes it seem infinite), and many more species of marine flora and fauna.
But that’s not all:
- Be amazed by the 3d Museum Wonder, considered the museum of its largest category in Latin America. You will find more than 60 works made during years based on colored chalk by the artist, Kurt Wenner.
- Do not miss the opportunity to get to know Xenses Park. You will enjoy a total of 17 activities through different scenarios. Two circuits: the Xensatorium and the Sensory, specially designed to reactivate or awaken your senses.
- Visit the Río Secreto, considered one of the best green expeditions in Latin America. Walking through this spectacular body of water will leave you amazed.
- Explore the Xplor park in Playa del Carmen that offers the best jungle and water adventures for young and old to enjoy this natural wonder.
- Meet the home of various species that were rescued and donated by a circus in Akumal Monkey Sanctuary.