Enter the canyons, natural basements and the rivers of Tuxtla Gutierrez. If luck is on your side you can see the “unicornio chiapaneco” fly, displaying its bluish black plumage among the jungle flora in the Tuxtla zoo. Feeling the immensity when traveling on a boat in the geological fault formed millions of years ago, will be inevitable; on the sides you will contemplate the home of birds and monkeys on the walls that almost reach a thousand meters high, where there are caves and waterfalls.
You will also enjoy the beauties created by man, such as its Basilica that was built in the 16th century, which from Thursday to Sunday at 8:00 p.m. shows a light show reflected on the facade and is accompanied every hour by the ring of its twelve bells.
Tuxtla Gutierrez, the heart of the state of Chiapas, is characterized by the cordiality and harmony of its people. Fall in love with the capital and be surprised by everything that this beautiful city has for you. Whether traveling for business or pleasure, Alamo Mexico accompanies you, rent a car online and do not miss the promotions we have for you throughout the year.
- The Sumidero Canyon is a geological fault of more than 30 million years, with limestone walls that reach altitudes of up to 1,200 meters, runoff that adorn and feed the Grijalva River, one of the largest in the country. Considered one of the most impressive landscapes in Mexico.
- You cannot forget to visit Chiapa de Corzo, a magical town of great importance in the history of Chiapas. It is situated on the right bank of the Rio Grande or Grijalva. Headquarters of the Danza de los Parachicos, named as Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity, by UNESCO.
- The Sima de las Cotorras is a natural subsidence of the earth's surface caused by the great filtration of water, this natural beauty is the most important in the state. A place to explore, observe the birds and flora of the region, rest in the ecological cabins and taste the good cuisine of the restaurant, where regional dishes are served.
- The natural park called "El Aguacero", is born in the El Encanto cave, where an underground river runs. Enter the magnificent Ocote Reserve with high jungle, green all year round, the starting point of the Río la Venta Canyon and the crossing towards the Arco del Tiempo.
- The Jardin de la Marimba Park, adorned with beautiful gardens, is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful folk and cultural sites in the capital. Become the soul of the city, each night presents marimbistic groups that play melodies in a kiosk in the traditional way, being accompanied by the assiduous public that sports its best steps. Meeting point and family entertainment in which visitors enjoy delicious Chiapas coffee and the wide variety of regional cuisine sold in its surroundings.
But that’s not all
- Visit Mammoth Caves Park: rappelling, zip line and hiking
- Meet the Chiapas Regional Zoo "Miguel Álvarez del Toro"
- Don't miss a visit to the Chiapas Coffee Museum and the Marimba Museum
- Meet the Cathedral of San Marcos
- Visit the Caña Hueca Park.