León de los Aldama is the biggest city of the state of Guanajuato and one of the most important economic centers of México. A industrial city which now claims its natural beauties and historical values ??to attract national and international tourism.
La Perla del Bajío houses jewels such as the Catedral Basílica de Nuestra Señora de la Luz, the Templo Expiatorio del Sagrado Corazón, the Metropolitan Park, the Cultural Forum, as well as modern shopping centers and its traditional offer of shoes and leather products that have helped León become the World Capital of Leather and Footwear.
Its generous climate, great means of communication, gastronomy, handicrafts and the warm hospitality of its inhabitants make it one of the most developed tourist destinations in the center of the country. What are you waiting to explore all the wonders that La Perla del Bajio offers you? Pack your bags, rent a car, plan your route and let Alamo Mexico accompany you on this adventure. On our website you will find the best offers and promotions.
- Walk the streets that make up the first painting of the city and stop to admire the beautiful facade of its Catedral Basílica, magnificent construction erected in 1746 by order of the Jesuit friars, which houses the miraculous image of the Virgen de Luz, a who hundreds of faithful dedicate celebrations and pilgrimages throughout the year.
- The Founders Square is located near the Cathedral where, according to tradition, a graveyard was formerly located which, at its closing, gave way to a small square that eventually became an emblematic point of the “capital of the skin and the footwear". Take a picture next to the commemorative fountain of the fourth centenary of the León Foundation and its fearsome bronze lions.
- Acquire shoes and all kinds of leather goods in the main markets of the city. We recommend you visit the Plaza del Zapato, the Galería del Zapato, the Plaza Piel, among other shopping centers.
- Visit the Museum of Art and History of Guanajuato. Housed in the modern facilities of the Guanajuato Cultural Forum, in this complex there are great collections of regional art and culture, as well as a fantastic series of small and large-format sculptures.
- Savor an exquisite macaw, a kind of cake stuffed with pork rinds and dipped in sauce (which is a real delicacy even for the most demanding palate). You can find it in practically every corner of the city. Remember that "if you go to León and do not buy shoes, or do not eat a good macaw, it is as if you had never gone."
But that’s not all
- Visit the Zooleón, the ecological park of the city.
- For those lovers of religious architecture we recommend visiting the Templo Expiatorio.
- If you like football, don’t miss a game from the “panzas verdes” from León.
- Get amazed by the Festival del Globo, it takes place in november and is one of the most awaited events of the year.
- You can not miss the chance to meet the Arco Triunfal de León, a city symbol.