Dressed in history and tradition, Los Mochis is the "Lugar de las tortugas terrestres" named for its abundance.
A city that is the cornerstone of the municipality of Ahome located between the fertile valleys of El Fuerte and El Carrizo, and that has a close link with the port of Topolobampo, which is located just 26 kilometers away. Los Mochis is characterized by being an important urban center whose economic and industrial development make it the third most important city in the state of Sinaloa.
This modern city has wide, open streets and very orderly result of the mind of its founders. Innovative architecture can be seen in buildings such as the San Bernardo Tower, which is visible as a reference point from anywhere in the city; the modern Municipal Palace surrounded by beautiful palm trees; or its attractive Plaza de Toros.
Start preparing your bags to embark on the journey and fill your eyes with majestic landscapes. Book a car online with Alamo Mexico and go through every corner of Los Mochis. Take advantage of current promotions and discounts on our website.
- From the top of the Cerro de la Memoria, better known as The Guardian of Los Mochis, you can contemplate the entire city and admire a wonderful sunset. On the top of the hill is the statue of the Virgen María del Valle that measures more than 12 meters and is constantly visited by Catholics.
- Tour the El Chepe tourist railway. On the trip you will appreciate the incredible landscapes of the Sierra Tarahumara.
- Just 24 kilometers from the city of Los Mochis is the Port of Topolobampo, a great place that connects the state's sea routes to Baja California Sur. It would be great if you enjoyed a pleasant time on the Malecon, and why not, taste a delicious prepared coconut.
- About half an hour is enough to go from Los Mochis to El Maviri beach, an attraction that you cannot miss, whether to have fun with friends or family. Once there, you can delight your palate in any of the restaurants located in the place with the best seafood dishes in the country.
- The Benjamin Francis Johnston botanical garden is the lung of the city of Los Mochis, because there are a lot of plants and trees of various species that give the city a respite.
But that’s not all
- Meet the Plazuela 27 de Septiembre, the most emblematic of the city, within it is its kiosk that has been there since 1920, next to it, the Church of the Sacred Heart for those who seek a moment of harmony.
- Tour the various shopping plazas, where you can find everything you are looking for, from branded garments to food, shoes and more.
- Visit the Trapiche, a new concept of interactive museum whose purpose is to educate children and young people in a more fun way.
- Enjoy a day full of art and culture at the Teatro Ingenio, which offers a space to those who love to brighten their soul with shows, works and creations.
- Tour the Regional Museum of the Valle del Fuerte that tells us through its collections the clash between the natives and the different foreigners who arrived in the region.