Oaxaca is one of the most fascinating destinations in Mexico that can be visited at any time of the year. It is a state in which you can discover its architecture, charming magical villages, lush landscapes, delicious cuisine and beautiful crafts. Fall in love with the cultural and ancestral traditions of this beautiful city.
The state of Oaxaca is very rich in history and has great attractions for tourists looking to visit a cultural destination thanks to its colonial architecture, the heritage of ancient cultures and traditions that, today, are still maintained thanks to its inhabitants . Also, the great ethnic diversity found in Oaxaca, its languages, traditional costumes and crafts are undeniable attractions of the region.
The archaeological resources of the state are very vast. In the archaeological zones of Monte Albán and Mitla mainly, the origins of the mixtecas and zapotecas are reflected and consequently of the Oaxacan people.
Know all the wonders Oaxaca has for you, prepare your itinerary and let Alamo Mexico accompany you on this adventure. We offer you the best car rental packages, whether you are traveling for pleasure or business; in family, with friends or with your partner, on our website you will find the best promotions and discounts.
- Near Santa María del Tule is one of the greatest natural beauties of Oaxaca that will captivate your senses, Hierve el Agua. This place is a true paradise with crystalline natural pools that invite you to swim in them. In addition, there are petrified waterfalls that were formed millions of years ago by the runoff of carbonated water from the springs that are at the top of the ravine.
- On your trip to Oaxaca you cannot miss the mezcal tour. During the walk you will discover the whole process of making this drink: cutting the maguey, cooking in a conical oven dug in the ground, crushing it in a stone mill, fermentation in wooden vats and distillation.
- In the heart of the city are the most important historical monuments of Oaxaca. There are also several museums and buildings with beautiful facades that adorn the cobbled streets. The Historic Center of Oaxaca is considered a Cultural Heritage of Humanity by UNESCO.
- Admire the rich history of the viceregal architecture of Oaxaca through its magnificent temples, parishes and convents. The most spectacular church in Oaxaca is the Church of Santo Domingo, in addition to being the largest in the city it also hosts the Cultural Center. Next to the Zocalo is the Cathedral, composed of three naves with walls and quarry pillars.
- The rich Oaxacan gastronomy has a diversity of typical dishes but some of the most famous are: the casserole, the tamales of mole or chipilín; the tlayudas, large handmade corn tortillas about 30 centimeters in diameter; the pumpkin guide soup; the delicious quesillo; and marinated or salted beef jerky, among many others.
But that’s not all:
- Just 10 kilometers from the city of Oaxaca is the archaeological zone of Monte Albán, named Cultural Patrimony of Humanity by UNESCO.
- Renew yourself in the ruins of Mitla, a place full of ancient history that will captivate you.
- Listen to stories about the oldest and largest tree in the world, the imposing Árbol del Tule.
- Meet the textile identity of Oaxaca at the Museum of Weaving and Textile Art.
- Venture out to know the famous flora and fauna of Oaxaca in the Huatulco National Park.