Hermosillo, the capital of the state of Sonora, is called the "Ciudad del Sol", for the continuous presence of the king star, the luminosity of its air and warmth of its environment.
It is a cosmopolitan city, with all the products and services of the great Mexican cities, to which it adds its natural tourist attractions, which you can know in the Ecological Center or La Sauceda, or cultural, such as Plaza Hidalgo or Bicentenario, the Corredor Cultural , or the Capillas del Carmen y del Espíritu Santo.
The city is located about one hundred kilometers from Kino Bay, and about 140 kilometers from the Puerto de San Carlos, on the coast of the Sea of ??Cortez. The beaches of these beautiful bays and all their activities and attractions are a few minutes from the city. One of these great attractions is whale watching.
Hermosillo is a city with a long history that, beyond its museums, expresses itself in its customs, traditions, monuments and the daily life of its inhabitants, especially its indigenous communities.
The Ciudad del Sol offers you many alternatives to live the north of Mexico to the fullest, with moments of recreation and entertainment, venture into a place full of culture, history, sport and recreation and enjoy the place that combines the walks through the mountains and the Desert along with its vibrant beaches.
What are you waiting to know this incredible destination on your next vacation? Let the Alamo Mexico team accompany you, book a car online and do not miss the discounts and promotions we have for you.
- In front of the Catedral is located the emblematic Plaza Zaragoza with its kiosk in the center. An ideal place to refresh and relax when the sun starts to set, since it has several trees and snack stalls for the whole family to enjoy.
- Looking to promote the caring for the environment through ecological awareness, the Hermosillo Ecological Center located in the natural habitat of the Sonoran desert will allow you to know the typical flora and fauna of the region.
- The Cerro de la Campana was inaugurated since 1909 as a viewpoint, is the ideal place for you to take panoramic pictures of “La ciudad del sol”. A natural rock formation, receives its name because when seen from east to west it looks like a bell although they also say that when they hit their rocks they sound the same as one.
- The Catedral de la Asunción is a
- La Catedral de la Asunción es a neoclassical building 30 meters high. This is the main temple of the Archdiocese of Hermosillo. Its altar is dedicated to the Virgen de la Asunción and is an excellent setting to take the memory photo.
- Who would say that in the middle of the desert a site of intense nature could be born, such is the Hermosillo Ecological Center, where you can admire various outdoor exhibitions, a botanical garden and more.
But that’s not all
- Walk through Parque Madero, which is located very close to the historic center, and is surrounded by trees, ideal for a relaxing time.
- Enjoy the delicious cuisine of Hermosillo, the variety of products and ingredients has given this kitchen unique and unrepeatable preparations such as the pint chicken, the long or cheese broth and the percheron burritos.
- Meet the Sonora Museum of Art (Musas), a wide and incredible site of creation and cultural diffusion. In its almost five thousand square meters of space you can admire endless exhibitions and enjoy multiple activities.
- Return to the past at La Pintada, a place that has a huge display of rock art made by the Seri and Pima cultures.
- Visit the Plaza Bicentenario, meeting place for those looking to spend a pleasant day in the city center.