Zihuatanejo, city of the state of Guerrero, forms next to Ixtapa a large tourist complex surrounded by wonderful beaches. This destination is known as Ixtapa Zihuatanejo. Ixtapa provides modern and luxurious spaces, and Zihuatanejo stands out for its adorable marine tranquility.
Zihuatanejo is a Purépecha word that means "water of the yellow hill". In its idyllic spaces it integrates from luxury hotels to small and pleasant establishments, immersed in a beautiful fishing village, beaches and docks full of charm.
Bathed by the Pacific Ocean, the Zihuatanejo coast boasts spectacular sand strips, and is famous for its offer of sport fishing and other water sports. In addition, they highlight its market, its traditions and customs and its bohemian nights.
What are you waiting to visit Ixtapa Zihuatanejo and be seduced by its beaches, nightlife and a variety of tours and activities? It doesn't matter if you come as a couple, with your family or friends, Alamo Mexico has the right car for your needs, from compact cars to vans. Take advantage of the promotions and discounts we have on car rental and online booking.
- The region offers beaches for all tastes. On the main beach of Zihuatanejo you can see daily scenes of fishermen's work, La Madera beach invites you to rest in its fine sand, bathed by very gentle waves, and to practice boogie board. There are areas of calm waters to enjoy with the family, and beaches with moderate waves for fans of water sports.
- On the Avenida 5 de mayo of Zihuatanejo is the handicraft market. They surprise their color and animation, and offers endless handmade pieces of ceramics, wood and tree bark, among other materials.
- In both Zihuatanejo and Ixtapa you can see wonderful sunsets. These scenes that nature gives away are admired from the beach or a pier, from a restaurant or aboard a boat that leaves from Puerto Mío, in which drinks and snacks are served.
- When the sun sets, Zihuatanejo begins to dress in dim lights and good music. It is a pleasure to discover the attractive restaurants with live music, which offer spaces of suggestive atmosphere where dishes full of flavor are tasted.
- Visit the Archaeological Museum of the Costa Grande. This beautiful museum exhibits pre-Hispanic pieces from the Olmeca, Teotihuacana, Tarasca and Mexica cultures, among others. It also houses old and curious pieces, such as a 1936 film projector, paintings and oil paintings.
But that’s not all
- Embarking towards the island of Ixtapa is an unforgettable experience.
- The parachute is one of the amazing experiences you must live.
- The Island of Ixtapa is furrowed by two paths with bike paths that go into nature, take the opportunity to take a bike ride.
- Meet the famous crocodile of Playa Linda.
- Spend an unforgettable day at the Ixtapa Adventure Park.