Ciudad del Carmen
Ciudad del Carmen is located in the state of Campeche, southwest of the Yucatan Peninsula. For a long time it stood out for its shrimp production and then for being the center of operations of Pemex, which placed it as the most important hydrocarbon exploitation area in the country, an activity that still continues but with less relevance. That is why, with the splendor of big cities, this beautiful destination awaits you so you can enjoy yourself to the fullest.
The beauty of Ciudad del Carmen invites you to explore it; It stands out for its unique charm, with a part of its territory bathed by the waters of the Gulf Sea and the other part, surrounded by the Laguna de Terminos, creating incredible landscapes, worthy of admiration.
Tourism in Ciudad del Carmen is synonymous with experiences worth remembering, this is because its attractions offer unique scenarios; with its imposing bridges, beautiful beaches, places where biodiversity, the historic center and local cuisine stand out, there is no doubt that it will be a place that will fascinate you. Complemented with a developed hotel infrastructure and a variety of quality services, trust your traveling spirit, let yourself go, take advantage of the offers and promotions offered by Alamo Mexico in car rental and know every corner of this beautiful city.
- With an impressive view of the Golfo de Mexico and the boats that travel in its waters, the Malecon of Ciudad del Carmen is the favorite place for visitors and residents to walk, run, skate or just sit down to appreciate the panorama.
- In Laguna de Terms you can practice ecotourism, including activities such as hiking, mountain biking, horseback riding, bird watching and taking excellent photographs. Coastal dunes, swamps, mangroves, low flood forest, medium high forest and secondary vegetation, are just some of the landscapes that make up this splendid place.
- The Church of Nuestra Señora del Carneb was built with wood, sascab and stone. Located in front of Zaragoza Park, the main city, it is the most important religious site in the place. It stands out for having a simple architecture, marble details on the altar and impressive stained glass windows.
- Aguada Island is chosen by tourists looking for natural places and little crowded. It has semi-virgin beaches, a small boardwalk and seafood restaurants. If you visit it, do not forget to take the tour of the Laguna de Terminos and observe carefully around you, because sometimes dolphins can be seen in their natural habitat.
- Huge banks of snails, shells, clams and starfish are found in the crystal clear waters of Bahamitas Beach. This paradise is ideal for swimming and water sports such as diving, skiing, windsurfing and sport fishing.
But that’s not all
- Meet the Puente El Zacatal
- Spend a day on the Playa Punta San Julian
- Go shopping to Plaza Zentralia Ciudad del Carmen
- If outdoor activities are your thing, you should visit the Municipal Zoo
- Tour the Jardín Botánico Unacar