Santa María Huatulco is a natural wonder on the shores of Oaxaca and one of the most spectacular areas on the shores of the Pacific Ocean. Full of golden sands, sparkling waves and stunning sunsets, Huatulco is home to nine bays with more than thirty pristine beaches that will instantly become one of your favorite destinations. From Magical Towns with exquisite cuisine to deserted beaches for perfect relaxation.
The bays of Huatulco constitute one of the main ecosystems of the Mexican Republic. Hence, the attraction for thousands of tourists who seek direct contact with nature and enjoy the flora and fauna, both land and sea.
Huatulco is also the land of music festivals and international events such as the Festival Internacional Música del Mar, the Música por la Tierra and the Triatlón Huatulco Half Ironman.
Whether for business, vacations or adventure, we are sure that Huatulco will surprise you with countless activities and places of interest that you cannot miss. Do not miss the promotions and discounts that Alamo Mexico has for you in car rental, book on our website and go on an adventure.
- A few kilometers from the beautiful Puerto Angel, you will find the wild and fun side of Huatulco in Zipolite Beach. Perfect waves for surfing, and an ideal sand bed to rest, this destination has become a meeting point for young people from all over the world, mainly because it is one of the most famous nudist beaches in Mexico. In addition, it has bungalows and a convivial atmosphere that make Zipolite Beach the perfect place to leave the complexes behind and enjoy them to the fullest.
- The biggest adventure awaits you in the Chacahua Lagoons, where bodies of water come together to form this majestic location that you can explore with the help of local boatmen who will give you a tour of its exotic mangroves to admire all kinds of flora and fauna, including local and migratory birds.
- The Huatulco National Park has been decreed as a Protected Natural Area thanks to its more than eleven thousand hectares that protect reptiles, amphibians, birds and marine species in the area, including the purple snail, essential for local dry cleaners. You can explore its paths by bicycle or riding and then enjoy the views of the Santa Cruz Bay from the viewpoint of La Entrega.
- Llano Grande a refuge of natural wonders; it is an indigenous Zapotec town located in the Municipality of San Miguel del Puerto in the state of Oaxaca with countless natural attractions highlighting its waterfalls and butterfly garden.
- The heart of the bays of Huatulco is in La Crucecita. That's where everything happens. Right in front of the square is Casa Chahue, a shop of various Oaxacan products where the tradition is to go “por tu probadita”, which is nothing more than tasting mezcales in the back room's privacy.
But that’s not all:
- Discover how they paint wool at the BCentro Textil Artesanal Beel Guiée.
- Tour and admire the work of artisans from the region at the Museo de Artesanias of Oaxaca.
- Do not forget to visit the Magic Waterfalls of Copalitilla.
- Get to know the archaeological zone Bocana del Río Copalita.
- Do not miss the opportunity to visit the Inglesia of Santa Cruz.